- Easter Egg Mould (you choose 1 or 2)*
- Chocolate of your choice
- Free link to a live chocolate tempering demo with Q&A to make your own egg Zoom chat – which we will record to be available for anyone who misses it!
What you will need at home:
- Bain marie – which can simply be a stainless steel bowl that fits onto a pot (see 1 minute explanation here by ‘French Guy Cooking’)
- A digital thermometer – a probe thermometer like this or a infrared thermometer like this
- A Spatula
- Clips to hold mould halves together – binder clips or strong clothes peg work well
More about the chocolate you receive with this kit:
To make your egg you will be using some of our delicious Fairtrade chocolate poured straight from our stone grinder! This chocolate takes you one step closer to the bean, it is our couveture (or base) chocolate, untempered.
Because this chocolate has not been tempered (made shelf stable, shiny & snappy) it has ‘bloom’ marks which are whitish spots which doesn’t affect the tastiness. It also has a bubblier texture, which people love. We roast, winnow and refine and then pour the fresh liquid chocolate onto trays which, when set, is broken into shards and rough-packed by weight. This chocolate is perfect for tempering, baking, cooking or enjoying straight from the pack!
All of our bases are made in-house, from-the-bean in Clonakilty using coconut sugar that we then temper to make our full range of chocolate bars. The equivalent ingredient from ‘the big industry chocolate’ are those bulk chocolate buttons you find in sweet shops.
*The egg mould you will received in this kit has been used by me in the past. This year, being short staffed I’m unable to make my normal stock – and so I’m offering my moulds out so you can make your own, the moulds are ones I purchased in the last 2 years and are in great condition, if taken care of properly, will last you years and years – I’ve had some of mine for over 20 years. NOT dishwasher safe, wash in warm water with a soft cloth.
Want to buy more moulds to get experimenting – try https://www.easysweets.ie/